2020 coronavirus pandemic is an ongoing pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
Blockchain has been proposed as a system for enabling various entities to contribute into maintaining a common ledger of a digital history with little friction and seamless circulation.
The development and deployment of Blockchain-based systems, and their applications, need to take into consideration new requirements and challenges, thereby raising novel open issues and research themes:
- Design and engineering improvements to the protocols and architectures underpinning Distributed Ledger Technologies (including Blockchains).
- The convergence of the technology with other emerging technologies (e.g., AI, IoT) that are becoming key elements of the fourth industrial revolution.
- Gaining insights of the technical, business, legal, and societal implications of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies, including real-life applications and case studies.
List of Topics (Indicative list, other related topics will also be considered):
- Coronavirus Technology
- Virtual Assistant
- Dialog System
- Industry 4.0 transformation and Blockchains
- Data Science in Blockchains
- Enabling novel Consensus and Fault Tolerance Mechanisms
- Game Theory in Distributed Ledgers (including Blockchains)
- Convergence of Blockchains with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience Papers/ Use-cases with Blockchain
- Governance, and Incentivised Models for Blockchains
- Barriers and Enablers in Blockchain adoption
- Formal verification of protocols and Smart Contracts
- Interoperability of Blockchains with existing Business Models and Processes
- Legal, ethical and societal aspects of digital-currencies and Blockchains
- Verticals using Blockchain (financial, e-health, energy, logistics, supply-chain etc.)
- Blockchain in e-government and public administration
- Technology and infrastructure challenges in Blockchains
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO)
- Attacks and Security considerations on Blockchains
- Public, Private and Hybrid Blockchains (permission-less vs. permissioned)